Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Many Hats Teachers Wear

Tonight, I am feeling a little under the weather (sore throat, headache, downright beat) and I think about how often I get sick from my job.  I don't mean sick of it, but sick from it.  Besides working in a health care field, I'm pretty positive that teaching is one of those jobs that expose you to 124,435,634,208 germs each day.  I can't even count how many times one of my students say "Bless You" because of the number of sneezes that occur from one or more of my kiddos each day.  So is this a whining post?  Not really, but it is a reflective post that can be summed up below.  Yes, teachers get summers off, and yes we have decent health care coverage, but before you jump to too many conclusions, take a look at this graphic and think about what your job asks you to do each day.  I feel like it puts teaching and the responsibilities of a teacher into perspective.

So here's to feeling better fast by pumping in the Vitamin "C" and back at it tomorrow.  Looks like I'll be pretty busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment