Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

It's NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship Day 2014--a letter to my Husband

Cruz,

Today is day that I am sure you'll never forget throughout your NASCAR career.  You've been here three times before, but the pressure doesn't bother you, it fuels you.  The long weeks away, the travels, the planning, the prep...it all ends for the 2014 season today.  This is the moment that you've been looking for all year, the time that you and your team have prepared for since the season started.  Today is your day to do the best that you can, the best that your team can.  There's no regrets, no looking back...just 12 seconds or less for every stop =)

Today is the day that the media has built up, (or torn down, depending on who you listen to).  But the reality is, it's just you, your team and your focus out there.  No matter what's tweeted, what's posted on Facebook or what the ESPN ticker displays up until the final lap, you do what you do, because you do it so well. 

So, no matter what the outcome is when the first car of the pack crosses know that I am proud of you.  I am proud of your hard work, your dedication and your team.  You are a lucky man to truly enjoy your job every single day.  I am a lucky woman to call you my husband.










Best wishes, my Bebe, and know that "A lifetime isn't long enough to love you"--Ziggy Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment