Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Happy Birthday!


This post is dedicated to the most amazing man in my life.  My hubby-to-be, my rock, my bebe…Cruz.

He’s a strong willed, supportive person with the ability to persevere when the times get tough.  He can let go and have fun when life throws him a happy curve ball. The smile on his face can brighten up a room, and his laugh is absolutely contagious. When he has his mind made up, there’s not a snowball’s chance it’ll change.  He stands up for what he believes in, and is the kindest soul to our pups.  Cruz is known for putting his family first, and being a very loyal friend. 

His job provides him ample opportunities to travel to either end of the USA, and he appreciates it with every ounce of his being.   Cruz uses his “fame” (if you will) for the good, taking his time to raise money for PSFP, and never complains. If you see him constantly on his cell, he’s more than likely on Twitter, promoting the next PSFP event.  Most people in his position could blow the “fame” out of the water, but not Cruz.   I have a feeling he believes that everyone puts their pants on the same each morning, not one person is better than the next.   He uses his networking for a positive way, and I am so very thankful for his alliances with folks from all over the US.  It makes for a well-rounded guy.

 This man spends his “free” time working on our new home, planning for our new home and getting our new home ready for a September wedding.  I’ve watched him research, learn and create beautiful products with his hands.  I envy his knack for measuring things ever so precisely and having the self-confidence that he can make the right cut on a piece of 45 degree trim the very first time.  I love his sense of self-fulfillment and getting a text with a picture attached that asks if I like what he’s done at the house.  I only wish I had the mind to see these works of art before they are created!  We will soon being the process of cleaning up our reception site and sewing grass in our front yard.  I am sure that he will have a brilliant plan in mind to get that complete and just in time for us to get ready for the wedding.

Cruz has seen me at my worst, and has still offered a helping hand, a warm embrace or a thoughtful text or phone call.  He’s seen me at my best, and has supported through my Master’s degree, assisting in paying for most of it.  (Lord knows I couldn’t have afforded that myself!)  He congratulated me when I won Teacher of the Year and beamed when I walked across that stage for the second time, illuminated hat, and all!  I can only imagine the look I will get the day he sees me dressed in my wedding gown.  I truly cannot imagine my life without this amazing man.

So here’s my short snippit to you, my bebe.  Happy 31st birthday. I love you!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment